Sunday, October 08, 2017

I didn't realise........

.......this afternoon I treated myself by downloading the "It's better with a band" album by Barbara Cook and that reminded me of perhaps my favourite Barbara Cook song "Ice Cream" from "She Loves Me" and I while I was searching I was sad to find that Barbara died in August this year.
I was fortunate to see her and her pianist present an evening of songs to a packed Barbican Theatre. I was in the front row and I'll swear the woman never breathed. Song after song, apparently effortless singing
.  It was a wonderful and memorable evening and then a little while later I was even more fortunate to attend a Masterclass she gave, again completely memorable. I am sad but I am happy that I was given these opportunities to see and meet this wonderful artist in person.

Ladies and gentlemen. I give you Barbara Cook.


No comments: